The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) provides meals for seniors 60 years of age and older in Chaffee, Custer, Fremont and Lakes Counties to maintain dignity, health, independence and quality of life through advocacy, education and service delivery.
- In-home services - coordinates services to help seniors remain in their own home
- Elder Rights - Offers information and helps navigate elder care rights for seniors
- Nutrition Programs - Community meal sites and in-home delivery of meals to seniors along with educational programs for seniors and care givers
- Care Giver Support - Provides information that supports care givers
- Long-term care ombudsman advocacy - Ombudsman advocates for seniors in long-term care facilities by investigating complaints and assists facilities to resolve issues
- Colorado Choice Transitions - Supports transition from nursing facilities back to senior's home community
In short, the Area Agency on Aging advocates for, looks for solutions and supports seniors in all aspects of their lives.
The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) is always looking for volunteers to assist with the nutrition programs offered. One program is the Meals on Wheels Program (MOW). Drivers are needed to take meals around to elderly and disabled individuals who cannot otherwise get out of the house to come to one of the congregate meal centers.
We are also seeking volunteers for our congregate meal sites in Salida, Custer County, Leadville, Florence and Cañon City.
Please note: During the current outbreak of COVID 19, all congregate meal sites are closed for sit down meals however, you can get a Grab-n-Go Meal from these locations.
Custer County Senior Services - Located in the Sliver Cliff Municipal Building ~~ To reserve a meal call 719-783-9508. This facility offers both congregate and MOW service on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
Florence Community Center - 100 Railroad St., Florence ~~ To reserve a meal call 719-784-6493. This facility offers both congregate and MOW service on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Golden Age Center - 728 Main St., Cañon City ~~ To reserve a meal call 719-345-3064. This facility offers congregate service only, Monday through Friday
Leadville Senior Center - 419 West 6th St, Leadville ~~ To reserve a meal call 719-486-1774. This facility offers both congregate and MOW service on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
Chaffee County Nutrition Program - Episcopal Church of the Ascension, Salida ~~To reserve a meal call 719-539-3342. This facility offers both congregate and MOW service on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Buena Vista offers MOW service only delivered from Salida (as listed above) on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.