The Area Agency on Aging (AAA) provides meals for seniors 60 years of age and older in Chaffee, Custer, Fremont and Lakes Counties to maintain dignity, health, independence and quality of life through advocacy, education and service delivery.
- In-home services - coordinates services to help seniors remain in their own home
- Elder Rights - Offers information and helps navigate elder care rights for seniors
- Nutrition Programs - Community meal sites and in-home delivery of meals to seniors along with educational programs for seniors and care givers
- Care Giver Support - Provides information that supports care givers
- Long-term care ombudsman advocacy - Ombudsman advocates for seniors in long-term care facilities by investigating complaints and assists facilities to resolve issues
- Colorado Choice Transitions - Supports transition from nursing facilities back to senior's home community
In short, the Area Agency on Aging advocates for, looks for solutions and supports seniors in all aspects of their lives.