Affordable housing and much more
Central Colorado Housing, a program of UAACOG, offers a wide variety of programs to help individuals achieve self-sufficiency through housing.
Find us on Facebook at Central Colorado Housing - Home | Facebook
- Home Improvement Loan
- Section 8 Rental Assistance
- Family Self-Sufficiency
- Housing Counseling and Education
- Self Help
- 502 Direct Loans
The Home Improvement Program (Housing Rehab)
This program provides affordable loans for low-income homeowners living in Fremont, Chaffee, Lake, Custer, or Teller counties. The loans are provided to repair owner-occupied homes. Central Colorado Housing (CCH) partners with the Colorado Division of Housing and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program to provide assistance to homeowners. Types of housing problems we can help with:
- Leaking roof
- Electrical & heating systems and energy efficiency upgrades
- Plumbing system including leaking water lines and septic
- Interior issues including sagging floors and cracking or peeling paint
- Fire Mitigation
- Crumbling Foundation Exterior/Interior Deterioration
- Handicapped Accessibility
- Other safety concerns
Section 8 Rental Assistance
- Offers rental and utility assistance for qualified individuals in Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, Huerfano, Lake, Park, and Teller Counties.
- The goal of Section 8’s Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program is to assist Section 8 participants to become economically self-sufficient and independent of government and community assistance programs. UAACOG’s FSS program is designed to coordinate rental assistance with public and private sector resources in order to help participants achieve their goals and become self-sufficient.
502 Direct Loans
Central Colorado Housing packages loans for USDA/Rural Development’s 502 Direct Loan Program. USDA/Rural Development, through their Rural Housing Service, provides loans to enable eligible applicants to purchase homes in rural areas. The Direct Loan Program gives families with very low and low incomes the opportunity to buy, build, rehabilitate, improve, or relocate dwellings in rural areas. Rural Housing loans may be made to applicants who meet the low income criteria that are based on the median income in each county.
Housing and Financial Counseling Programs
Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments (UAACOG) is a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Certified Housing Counseling Agency offering counseling and education in the following areas:
- Pre-Purchase (Homebuyer) Counseling and Education
- Post-Purchase (Homeowner) Counseling
- ID Theft Prevention and Recovery Counseling and Education
- Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Credit/Budget (Financial) Counseling and Education
The Housing Counseling Program serves Chaffee, Custer, Fremont, Gunnison, Hinsdale, Lake, Park, Rio Grande, Saguache, and Teller Counties. Please click on the links below for additional information on housing counseling and becoming a homeowner.
Self Help Housing
Take your step towards the American Dream of homeownership today! Six people began that dream today by signing their papers for purchasing a lot to build their new homes on and in a few months they will be moving into their new homes!
In this program, participants contribute significant “sweat equity” towards the construction of their homes, bringing down development costs and producing a more affordable home. Each family contributes a minimum number of hours of labor per week towards the homes until all houses in the cohort are done and ready to move in. This program helps make housing affordable. A construction supervisor helps the homeowners with construction guidance and coordinates all aspects of the build.
Call UAACOG and ask to speak to someone in the housing department about the Self-Help Program.