Welcome to the Regional Grants Navigator Page for the Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments (UAACOG), serving local governments throughout Region 13. Our commitment is to facilitate access to pivotal funding opportunities and aiding in the progress and prosperity of our communities.
Introducing the Regional Grant Navigator (RGN) Initiative
As part of a statewide initiative to enhance local access to federal funding, UAACOG is proud to present our Regional Grant Navigator service. This initiative supports local governments in harnessing funds from the landmark Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), a federal act investing an unprecedented $550 billion in new infrastructure investments across the nation over five years.
Recognizing the challenge of limited capacity in pursuing funding, the Regional Grant Navigator role was established to provide essential on-the-ground assistance. This support extends to researching grant opportunities, offering technical support, and ensuring compliance with grant requirements.
Our Dedicated Regional Grant Navigator
We are excited to introduce Beth Lenz as our Regional Grant Navigator contact for Region 13. Beth's role includes a deep understanding of grant funding opportunities under the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL), Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA). She is dedicated to assisting local governments in navigating these funding opportunities.
UAACOG, in collaboration with governments and community groups, strives to access funding that brings economic benefits to our communities.
Services Offered by UAACOG's RGN
- With the assistance of local governments, develop and maintain a regional “Needs List” for each local government.
- Research IIJA/IRA/BIL funding opportunities and matching opportunities with identified needs.
- Assist with project development.
- Proofreading and reviewing grant applications.
- Assisting with grant reports and fiscal agent referrals.
- Assist with accessing LOMA (DOLA Local Match) funding for eligible projects.
- Limited grant-writing assistance as per outlined guidelines.
- Assist with referrals to DLG Grant Writing and Technical Assistance.
- Eligibility and Guidelines for Assistance
In cases where multiple entities are applying for the same funding source, UAACOG encourages collaboration to enhance competitiveness. The UAACOG, in some instances, may also be able to serve as the Fiscal Agent for smaller municipalities who lack the administrative oversight to manage a federal project.
This initiative represents a significant step in fostering cooperation between Federal, State, and local governments. It's a concerted effort to bring more funding into our State to meet well-documented needs. To request assistance through the UAACOG Regional Navigator Program, please contact Beth today.