Do you want a rewarding career that changes lives? Imagine yourself assisting the WIC program and WIC Program Manager for an organization whose mission is to improve the lives of the individuals in our region. The mission of the Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments is to strengthen our communities by providing services, support, and resources to make lives better. If you agree, we want you to be part of this incredible team!
As Nutrition Educator, you will:
- Counsel clients and families on nutritional needs.
- Collect and analyze nutrition and health assessments.
- Assist participants with individual nutrition plans; set appropriate goals with participants; follow up and document progress towards goals; reevaluate and establish new goals following protocols.
- Take accurate health assessment.
- Educate and support breastfeeding moms.
- Provide a full explanation of the WIC Program.
- Assess the need for appropriate health care and social service programs.
- Make appropriate referrals to RN/RD for high-risk clients.
- Determine and tailor food packages to individual needs.
- Maintain confidentiality of participants and ensure that participants are treated equally with respect, compassion, and empathy.
- Help orient and train other WIC paraprofessionals.
- Conduct end of the month bookwork and reports.
- Responsible for retail issues and monitoring as assigned by Program Manager-Director or Retail Coordinator.
- Ability to prepare forms, reports, and educational materials.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work with height/length, weight, and measuring devices.
- Ability to obtain blood sample for hemoglobin testing.
- Knowledge of interviewing and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of nutrition and nutritional concepts
- Knowledge of general computer and keyboarding skills.
- Skills in verbal and written communication.
- $14 per hour plus $0.75 per hour upon completion of WIC required training PLUS:
- A rich benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid time off that will increase with longevity, unlimited accumulation of paid sick leave, 12 paid holidays per year, Employee Assistance Program, educational assistance, and deferred compensation with 5% employer match after one year.
Apply by completing and delivering an application and resume to:
3224-A Independence Rd
Cañon City CO 81212
or submitting these items to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and complete job description are available at the front desk or on our website. Please note both an application and resume are required for this position.